The holidays are stressful for everyone, but they can be especially difficult for some. Whether it’s the darkness of winter, financial and family pressures, or the social demands of the season, it can quickly become overwhelming. There are resources and supports available to help you prioritize your mental health – talk about it with someone you trust and let them know how you’re feeling. And remember, a little kindness – towards others and yourself – can go a long way.
- Take the stress self-check quiz
- There’s an app for that!
- Five ways to protect your mental health this holiday
- Depression and the holidays
If you or someone you know is struggling this season, support is available.
- Access emotional health support by calling 310-6789
- If you’re in distress or having thoughts of suicide call 1-800-784-2433
- KUU-US Crisis Response Service (1-800-588-8717) provides culturally-aware support for Indigenous people
- The Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service can be reached at 1-800-663-1441
- Call the NH Virtual Clinic to speak with a doctor or nurse 1-844-645-7811