This story and the vaccine schedule for seniors has been updated since the original post.
The Province of BC has released more information about Phase 2 of the COVID-19 immunization plan, which focuses on protecting our seniors and Elders.
Those in Phase 2 receiving their first vaccine dose in March and early April include:
- Seniors aged 80+ (born in or before 1941) who are not yet immunized
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) aged 65+, Elders (born in or before 1956), and additional communities not yet immunized
- Hospital staff, community GPs and medical specialists not yet immunized
- Vulnerable populations in select congregated settings
- Staff in community home support and nursing for seniors
Phase 2 vaccine appointments for seniors and Elders
Beginning March 8, 2021, seniors aged 80 and older, and Indigenous peoples aged 65 and older, who are not living in independent or seniors’ supportive housing can call to book their appointment through the Northern Health call centre.
Community specific information on vaccine eligibility can be found on the Northern Health vaccine website.
How to book your vaccine appointment:
Following the above schedule, seniors and Elders can call the Northern Health call centre to book their vaccine appointment.
- Call centre: 1-844-255-7555 (Note: Number is not available until March 8)
- Hours: 7 am to 7 pm, seven days a week.
For more information, and step-by-step instructions on how to call to book an appointment for themselves, for a family member, for a friend or neighbour, please visit the BC Seniors First website.
Regularly updated information about Northern Health vaccine info and clinics near you can be found on the Northern Health vaccine website.