Northern Health is looking for community partners with ideas for projects that will improve the health of those living, working, learning, and playing in Northern BC! The latest opportunity to apply for IMAGINE Grants started on March 1, 2020.
What are the IMAGINE Grants?
The IMAGINE Grants provide funding to community organizations, service agencies, Indigenous organizations, schools, municipalities, regional districts, and other partners with projects that support Northerners in their efforts to stay healthy. Projects should aim to prevent chronic disease and injury or promote health in one or more of the following areas:
- Healthy eating and food security
- Physical activity and active living
- Injury prevention
- Tobacco-free communities
- Positive mental health
- Prevention of substance harms
- Healthy early childhood development
- Healthy aging
- Healthy school action
Since 2009, the IMAGINE Grants have provided funding to over 900 projects across Northern BC. Past projects have included:
- Community gardens and projects that support food gathering and traditional methods of food harvesting and preservation
- Community walking trail enhancements
- Sporting equipment for community lending
- Education sessions and workshops to support skills development in communities
- And many more!
How to apply
Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 of funding for their project. Preference is given to projects that:
- Encourage different community groups to work together
- Address something that’s missing in the community
- Help those who are disadvantaged or vulnerable
- Develop skills and resources in the community
- Have a plan to live on after the funding ends
The application deadline for this cycle is Friday April 30, 2020.