Have you seen the newest issue of Healthier You magazine yet?
I'm really excited about this issue because we were able to showcase some amazing voices to talk about women's health in northern B.C.
Take a look through the issue and you'll find:
- Minister Shirley Bond - a grandmother, former Health Minister, and proud resident of northern B.C. - sharing her thoughts on healthy living, connecting with family, and taking small steps to live a healthier life.
- Kitselas Councillor Judy Gerow reflecting on family, role models, spiritual health, and aging well.
- Dr. Anne Pousette sharing her passion for physical activity and the unique role that northern B.C. residents played in contributing to a new provincial Physical Activity Strategy.
In addition to these inspiring women, the issue has stories about:
- One northern woman's experience with her local running club;
- The link between body image and women's mental health and wellness;
- A vaccine to prevent cervical cancer and other cancers; and
- A unique training program that has created a network of breastfeeding supporters in Quesnel.
Take a look through these local stories below or look for a hard copy of the magazine in local doctors' offices, clinics, and Northern Health facilities near you!