It’s important for everyone, especially those who smoke cannabis and/or tobacco, and those who vape, to consider the following strategies to help prevent catching the COVID-19 virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Be sure to let it fully dry, alcohol is flammable!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep a distance of 2 meters (6 feet) while smoking/vaping outdoors.
- Avoid sharing cigarettes, cigars, bongs, joints, pipes and vaporizers.
- Properly dispose of smoking and vapour products.
- Avoid touching used cigarette and cannabis butts.
A person’s overall health can noticeably improve within days after quitting; this can make a difference against fighting the virus if you catch it, and in your overall well-being.