Join us Wednesday January 24, 2024, for a day free of commercial tobacco and/or cannabis that’s dedicated to support individuals who smoke or vape.
What’s Weedless Wednesday all about?
Weedless Wednesday is a special day that raises awareness about the harmful effects of smoking or vaping commercial tobacco and/or cannabis. The day encourages people to quit or abstain from smoking and/or vaping for 24 hours.
Participate in Weedless Wednesday by joining the challenge!
- Decide not to smoke or use any smoking or vaping products for the next 24 hours.
- Research the potential harms of smoking and vaping. Share the information with loved ones to raise awareness.
- Seek advice and support from trusted colleagues, family, or friends to guide and keep you motivated during the challenge.
- Ask friends and family to join -- let’s inspire others to support this cause!
- Access supports (see below!) to help you quit or reduce your smoking or vaping.
So, mark your calendars and join us on Weedless Wednesday! Let’s make a difference and create a healthier community together.
Many resources are available to assist you on your journey:
- The BC Smoking Cessation Program helps eligible BC residents access 12 weeks of free nicotine replacement therapy (gum, patch, and lozenges) per calendar year through their local pharmacy.
- Talk Tobacco provides free, confidential, culturally appropriate, and accessible support to quit/reduce smoking, vaping, and other commercial tobacco use.
- QuitNow offers free information, support, and counselling by trained professionals by phone, text, or email.
- The Knowing your Limits with Cannabis Guide offers information and support on changing current cannabis use patterns.
- HealthLink BC substance use referral program provides free, confidential information and referral services in BC for people in need of support with any kind of substance use issue.