What does it mean to support "healthy people in healthy communities"? That's one of the questions that the latest issue of Healthier You magazine sets out to answer!
I really enjoyed reading through this issue and learning about the different ways that communities are taking actions that promote health and prevent disease.
Curious about what that means?
Take a look through the issue and you'll find:
- A local approach to preventing injury and promoting active transportation (Village of Queen Charlotte's Bike Repair and Safety Program).
- The Food Secure Kids program in the northeast challenging you to learn about food security through the experiences of students who are enjoying the taste of a carrot that they planted and grew themselves.
- Local ideas that support healthier early years through Children First funded programs in Mackenzie & area, Prince George, Quesnel, and the Robson & Canoe Valleys.
Once these projects and others get you inspired to connect into healthy community projects where you live, don't miss the issue's handy information on:
- Six different grant programs that Northern Health is involved in;
- The link between grants and cultural understanding, trust, and respect; and
- How to write a successful grant application
Take a look through these stories online or look for a hard copy of the magazine in local doctors' offices, clinics, and Northern Health facilities near you! All past issues of Healthier You are also available online.