With a heatwave hopefully behind us, but summer weather well upon us, now is a great time to keep thinking about how to stay safe and healthy this summer. Northern Health has pulled together a few lists of information to help!
Staying safe in warm weather
Summer is here and the warm weather and bright sunshine can lead to increased risks for our health and safety. For ways to stay safe while working in the heat, please see:
- Northern Health heatwave information
- BC Government tips to stay safe and cool
- HealthLinkBC's beat the heat resources
- BCCDC's Warm weather safety
High temperatures across the province have increased the wildfire risk. Northern Health is collaborating with local and provincial to monitor wildfires in the North, as well as their impact on Northerners’ health and Northern Health services.
- Report a wildfire by calling *5555 on most cell phones or 1-800-663-5555
- BC Wildfire Management Branch
- Emergency Info BC
- Wildfire Preparedness
- BC Air Quality Advisories
- Interactive Wildfire Map
- Wildfire App for Apple and Android
Northern Health is monitoring higher-than-normal water levels due to rapid melting and forecasted rainfall in several locations. For up to date information on flood conditions, visit Emergency Info BC for the latest updates in your area. More safety precautions and resource links: