Northern Health continues to closely monitor two declared outbreaks of COVID-19 at health care facilities in Prince Rupert.
The following are the case counts, to date, for both facilities:
Prince Rupert Regional Hospital – Patient Care Unit
- To date, there have been three lab confirmed cases among inpatients, and one lab-confirmed case in a staff member, associated with the outbreak that was declared March 28, 2021
- All of the confirmed cases are now considered recovered
- To date, there have been five lab-confirmed cases among Acropolis Manor residents associated with the outbreak that was declared April 3, 2021
- Sadly, one resident who had tested positive for COVID-19 in association with the outbreak, has passed away
- The four other residents are now considered recovered
Neither outbreak has seen newly lab-confirmed cases in recent weeks. Enhanced outbreak control measures remain in place at both facilities, and monitoring for additional cases will continue until the outbreaks can be declared over.
More information on public exposures, school exposures, and facility or community outbreaks of COVID-19 within the Northern Health region.